Ardmore House is a listed building, built by the Jameson family c.1860, it is a detached five-bay two-storey over basement Italianate style former villa which includes a courtyard and outbuildings to the back. The house (interior and exterior) and the courtyard have frequently been used as a location. Also, shooting on the grounds of the studios is possible. Ardmore has an impressive tree lined avenue and a lawn adjacent to the house.
Backlots at Ardmore
Ardmore has two backlots - a 1.8acre lot and a .8 acre lot. Recent productions using the backlot include Camelot and Jack Taylor. Please contact us directly for backlot use
Locations near Ardmore Studios
There are many beautiful and historic locations in and around the Studios. Ardmore is ideally located close by the countryside, lakes, the coast and the city.
Powerscourt Estate and Gardens
Powerscourt Estate located in Enniskerry, County Wicklow, Ireland, and only a short drive from Ardmore Studios, is a large country estate which is noted for its house and landscaped gardens, today occupying 19 hectares (47 acres). The house, originally a 13th-century castle, was extensively altered during the 18th century by German architect Richard Cassels, starting in 1731 and finishing in 1741. A fire in 1974 left the house lying as a shell until it was renovated in 1996. Today the estate is owned and run by the Slazenger family.